Terms and Conditions
for the hire of rooms and the provision of additional services
- DDRC means Dublin Dispute Resolution Centre Limited of Distillery Building, 145 -151 Church Street, Dublin 7.
- "Booking Party" means any party which books a room or other services or facilities from IDRC.
- "Non-Booking Party" means any other party by which, together with the Booking Party, the room or other services or facilities booked by the Booking Party are to be used.
- "Client" means the Booking Party and the Non-Booking Party, together, once the Non-Booking Party has acknowledged to IDRC the confirmation of a booking.
- the "Premises" means rooms hired out to Clients by DDRC
The Booking Party shall, when making a booking, advise DDRC of the name and contact details of any Non-Booking Party.
Upon a booking being made by the Booking Party, whether for use by the Booking Party alone, or for use by the Booking Party and any Non-Booking Party, the Booking Party shall be solely liable for any and all charges payable, unless and until any Non-Booking Party becomes jointly and severally liable with the Booking Party.
DDRC will confirm, with a copy of these terms and conditions, such booking, in writing to the Booking Party and the Non-Booking Party, if any, and, upon acknowledgement by any Non-Booking Party, in writing to DDRC, of such confirmation, the Booking Party and such Non-Booking Party shall become jointly and severally liable for any and all charges payable.
The charges for the hire of rooms and the provision of Additional Services such as the provision of stenography, translation, catering or any other services other than that of the room hire charge and shall be agreed in writing between the Client and DDRC and shall be in accordance with DDRC's published prices at the time a booking is made.
A deposit 20% will be required for individual bookings over €1,000. A booking will not be confirmed until the deposit has been received and cleared in the company bank account.
The booking of a room and/or facilities may only be cancelled by the Client, or, prior to confirmation of the booking by any Non-Booking Party, the Booking Party.
In the event of a cancellation, the Client, or, prior to confirmation of the booking by any Non-Booking Party, the Booking Party, will pay the following charges:
i) Where DDRC secures an alternative booking for the room for the period booked and cancelled: no charge.
ii) Where DDRC does not secure an alternative booking for the room for the period booked and cancelled:
- If the cancellation is notified to DDRC more than four weeks prior to the first day of the period booked: no charge.
- If the cancellation is notified to DDRC more than one week but less than or equal to four weeks prior to the first day of the period booked: a sum equivalent to 50% of the charge for the hire of the room for the period cancelled.
- If the cancellation is notified to DDRC one week or less prior to the first day of the period booked and cancelled: 100% of the charge for the hire of the room for the period cancelled.
- Where the Client or the Booking Party cancels the booking of additional services, such as the provision of court reporting, translating or catering, the Client or the Booking Party shall pay the costs incurred by IDRC in securing those services or for which IDRC becomes liable to the providers of those services as a result of the cancellation.
Cancellations must be notified to DDRC in writing and will only be effective on the date such notice in writing is received by DDRC (or the next working day if the notice is received on a day the DDRC is otherwise closed for business.
Payment of account: All accounts shall be settled in full within 14 days of invoice. Invoices shall be rendered weekly, or at the end of the period of room hire, should the period exceed one week.
In the event of late payment, DDRC shall be entitled to charge interest at 3% above the Bank of Ireland base-lending rate until payment is made, on all outstanding amounts.
Hours of use: DDRC (and the Distillery Building) is a 24 hour facility and so the Client shall have flexibility in the period of hire (full day bookings). DDRC is normally staffed from 08.30 to 17.30 on Mondays to Fridays during the period of hire. Staff can be made available outside these times if previously agreed between the Client and DDRC.
Security: Clients are responsible for all property brought onto the premises. DDRC accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to persons or property of the clients on the Premises. The Client is responsible for its own insurance for these purposes. This exclusion does not include liability for death or personal injury to any persons under the Occupiers Liability Act 1995.
Disruption of business: DDRC shall endeavour to ensure that the conduct of the Client's business whilst on the Premises is not disrupted or interfered with by any other user of the Premises. DDRC reserves the right to terminate any room hire, without compensation or refund to the Client, if the Client or those invited onto the Premises by the Client conducts themselves in a manner likely to cause or which causes a nuisance to, or to disrupt the business of, other users of the Premises.
Damage to Premises: The Client shall treat the Premises, and DDRC’s facilities and equipment with care. The Client shall be responsible to DDRC for any loss or damage caused to any of DDRC's property by the Client or by any other person invited onto the Premises by the Client.
Use/hire of rooms: DDRC reserves the right to substitute a room or rooms hired to a Client, but it will only do so where the conduct of its business reasonably requires. If DDRC is prevented from conducting business at the whole or a part of the Premises as a result of any damage caused or threatened to the Premises or any other event or circumstance outside its control, it shall be entitled to cancel the whole or a part of any room hire and shall not be liable for any loss or expenses incurred by the Client as a consequence.
Clearance of rooms
At the end of the period for which the Client or the Booking Party has hired a room, the Client or the Booking Party shall immediately vacate the Premises and remove all its property from the Premises.
DDRC shall charge the Client or the Booking Party for any period that it or its property remains on the Premises after the period for which the Client or the Booking Party had hired a room, unless previously agreed in writing with DDRC.
Governing law and Dispute Resolution
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Irish law.
In the event of a dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions, the Client or the Booking Party, and DDRC shall use all reasonable efforts to resolve the dispute amicably.
If the dispute is not resolved amicably within thirty (30) days of the Client or the Booking Party or DDRC giving written notice of a dispute to the other of the Client, the Booking Party, and DDRC, the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have jurisdiction over such dispute.